I’ve been in the publishing industry for nearly 20 years, working with publishers and authors at all stages of their careers and writing processes. I know that whether you’re planning to self-publish, working towards submitting to agents or publishers, or even trying to meet a contract deadline, sometimes what you really need is someone to help get you there.
- Maybe you’ve hit a block and you need someone to talk it through with, to bounce ideas off and brainstorm.
- Perhaps you have a great story idea but you’re not sure how to get it onto the page.
- You might be passionate about your writing but still in need of a gentle nudge (or a cattle prod!) to keep you on track.
- Or maybe you’ve already started but you keep finding yourself in need of reassurance and feedback in order to keep going.
This is where coaching comes in. Regular check-ins with someone who is on your side and who values your story as much as you do can keep you focused, boost your confidence, and help you avoid getting tangled in plot weeds or falling down procrastination rabbit holes.
There are 3 coaching packages available, depending on your needs. Guidance is the most intense and hands-on; Encouragement is the steady middle ground and Nudge is for when you know where you’re going.
Coaching is offered online only – via email, phone and/or Zoom.
Once you’ve registered your interest, but before you commit to any of these packages, we begin with a 30-minute “discovery call” so we can see if we’re the right fit for each other and briefly discuss your goals and challenges.
Packages are an initial 3-month minimum sign-up, followed by month-by-month as required.
Each level includes a set number of hourly calls and reading/feedback time per month, but remember, you only get out of coaching what you put in, so if you’re not sure what your schedule will support, keep in mind that you will need writing time as well!
Book coaching packages
|Guidance package |
This is the most intense program and is focused on development. If you need someone to hold your hand and walk you through your manuscript either starting from scratch or reworking an existing draft, the guidance package will take you through the process step by step.
15 hours per month:
* 1 x 1hr call per week
* Up to 10hrs reading/feedback per month (around 30,000 words a month)
* Initial 3-month package: $7,000
* Thereafter /month: $2,600
|Encouragement package |
More of a progress focus. This is for when you need someone to hold you accountable and make sure you’re making regular progress on your goals. If you’re a procrastinator with a deadline, or you keep hitting imposter syndrome writing blocks, the encouragement package is designed to keep you on-track.
7 hours per month
* 2 x 1hr call per month
* Up to 5hrs reading/feedback per month (around 15,000 words per month)
* Initial 3-month package: $3,400
* Thereafter /month: $1,200
|Nudge package |
A maintenance package, this one is for you if you tend to be laser-focused and self-driven, but want someone to give you the occasional tap on the shoulder and check in. If you just want someone to run a couple of ideas past every now and then, or to talk through a last-minute panic, the nudge package is intended to give you reassurance and an outside perspective.
5 hrs per month
* 1 x 1hr call per month
* Up to 4 hrs reading/feedback per month (about 12,000 words per month)
* Initial 3-month package: $2,300
* Thereafter /month: $865